Workshop: Journaling prompts to reframe your life story by Gabby Mather
“Your story does not define you, and it’s never too late to change its course. take it back, make it your own.”
Storytelling is central to human existence. Every known culture has been using it for thousands of years as a means to communicate, entertain and educate the members of their community. Stories pass along knowledge from one generation to another. They teach about values and help develop one’s identity. Its exchange is always between a teller and a listener, where both roles are equally important. Mindful storytelling is the art of being fully conscious and aware of the way in which you share a story.
This workshop will teach you to:
- Use visualisation, use of the senses and breathing practices to recover once-forgotten memories (find “Memory Walk” audio attached.)
- Find healthy ways to move forward with your life by digging deep into a past event and reframing the perspective, putting you firmly back in the driver’s seat of you life and story (find workbook PDF attached.)
- Learn mindful storytelling techniques you can apply over and over through your life to heal, release and move forward.
- Learn to create a storytelling tradition that can be used to transform your family, your friendships, and yourself.
- Find accompanying workshop PDF: Mindful Storytelling exercise