Interview: Marie-Christine Amyot on Surf, Travel and Building a Business Abroad
See all • 1h 8m
"The idea that I needed to go to work from Monday to Friday to have two days off. And then drink on Friday to shake off the stress, then feel like shit Saturday and then do it all again. I realized I didn't need to be in that 'normal life' that I really don't relate to”
For as long as she can remember, Montreal born Marie-Christine Amyot has always had a deep love for the ocean.
After finishing her bachelor degree in communications and public relations, she got a destination representative job in Mexico. She wanted to step out of her comfort zone, improve her English, learn Spanish and most of all, she wanted to try surfing, a sport she’d been craving for so long. Soon enough, she realized that surfing was way harder than she thought… but it was also more amazing than she had even imagined. Totally hooked, she decided she would do whatever she could to be able to travel and maximise her time in the ocean.
Now, she is the Cofounder and Surf Coach at Salty Souls Experience and co-founder and surf inspired trainer at The Salty Club. She works and surfs year-round throughout South America, Central America and Indonesia, but the journey to get there wasn’t easy, or comfortable, or risk free. It took guts. It took courage. Now, she wants to share her story with you.
In this interview Caitlin and MC talk about.
- How she first made the break out of the city life to starting working in Mexico at 22 years old
- All the tried-and-tested methods she has used over the years to keep travelling, surfing, and working long-term, what worked / what didn’t / advice for people wanting to do the same
- How she built a successful womens surf, yoga and empowerment camp based in El Salvador and Ecuador.
- What the process of learning to surf is really like
The journey to get there wasn’t easy, or comfortable, or risk free. It took guts. It took courage. Now, she wants to share her story with you.
Up Next in See all
In this 2nd workshop in the 4-part workshop by Georgia Goodhew (@fempoweredflow) you will learn
- Your biomarkers, and how to use them to tell when you are fertile/ not fertile
- Some more body basics in terms of your hormones and how that works
- How you can use fertility apps to help you on yo...
Introduction to Emotional Freedom Tec...
In this workshop we are going to look at emotional freedom technique, also known as tapping, and see how it can relate to our cycle and how we can really use it as a technique to let go of limiting beliefs, self doubt, any negative self talk we have in our heads, and just start to let go and live...
Interview: Balancing Creativity, Care...
Meet Samantha Hunt. Samantha was born in Zambia and traveled the world with her family from an early age. To date she has lived in fourteen different countries, so when people ask where she calls home, she is not sure how to answer this question. She guesses she is a Cali girl at heart and dreams...