Interview: Balancing Creativity, Career and Motherhood with Samantha Hunt
Mind • 50m
Meet Samantha Hunt. Samantha was born in Zambia and traveled the world with her family from an early age. To date she has lived in fourteen different countries, so when people ask where she calls home, she is not sure how to answer this question. She guesses she is a Cali girl at heart and dreams of one day living in Bali or Hawaii. She has worked as a graphic designer in Los Angeles, toured as a musician playing her fiddle, which she can be seen playing in the film Titanic. She became a photographer 8 years ago, while living in Ireland. She currently works as a surf and travel lifestyle photographer in a small fishing village called Taghazout, in Morocco, with her daughter Sienna and their cat, Banjo. She is also the author of ongoing blog Salty Roses by the sea, a mother and daughter story of leaving a conventional world behind to find a creative, surf-lifestyle in a Moroccan fishing village.
In this interview Samantha and Caitlin talk about:
– the actionable steps she took to begin building her surf lifestyle photography business, while living in inner-city Brussels, Belgium.
– the logistical challenges of moving to Morocco, and the lessons she learned and insights she gained through that process
– balancing creativity, career and life as a single mother
Up Next in Mind
New Paradigm for Motherhood with Rebe...
Have you ever had the thought “I can’t because I am a mother” or “I need to wait until the children are older”?
Meet Rebecca Freeman. Rebecca is the vision keeper for a New Paradigm for Motherhood. She activates women to create a New Paradigm for Motherhood that is based on a strong foundation o...
Choosing Your Birth Care With Diana F...
I this podcast Caitlin and Midwife Diana discuss some things to consider in the process of choosing your birth care.
- Red flags to look out for
- How to make empowered choices for yourself and your baby